Problem poker can destroy your relationships; affect responsibilities at home and work, even lead to financial accident. What is the problem of poker addiction? Poker addiction is identified as compulsive poker (a type of impulse-control disorder). Compulsive gamblers can’t control the wish to gamble, it is Judi Slot Gacor all they can think about and all they want to do. Specialists say poker addiction may change a personality beyond recognition.
Some people think a person poker everyday is a problem gambler. In fact it doesn’t matter at all, you may gamble oftentimes or of rare occurrence. Poker is a problem, if it causes problems. Poker addiction is also a problem even if you can afford it, because this problem is not just financial. You may destroy your relationship or friendships by poker.
The main symptoms of the poker addiction:
- You feel the need to keep secret about your poker. You may hide under the carpet even before yourself. You might delude yourself that you gamble in secret or lie about it, because you are incomprehensible to your kinfolk. You may also less dense yourself you will surprise them with a big win.
- Have difficulties with controlling your poker. Can you walk away or interrupt your poker if you have already started it? Can you stop before you play away your last dollar?
- Are you ready to play away your grub-stake (even that, have been kept to pay bills, credit cards, or things for your children)?
- Loved ones are anxious about you.
People with poker addiction usually think there is no problem and they can give up at any moment. They suggest that not poker but money squeeze is the real problem. They prefer to learn how to manage their poker without stopping and in many cases can’t imagine their life without poker.
Poker addiction therapy focuses on changing unhealthy poker behaviors and thoughts, such as rationalizations and mistaken beliefs. But you should first grasp the importance of the treatment and the necessity to get rid of the problem.
If you’d better try to overcome for your problem yourself, here is some strategies:
- Do something else;
- Focus on another activity (go shopping, move, make something delicious, play paintball at long last);
- Bring yourself to wait five minutes, ten minutes, or an hour if you want to gamble, your wish will grow weak;
- Imagine first your future experience, how you’ll feel after all your money is lost;
- Find a supporting force (you close friend or partner).